who would have thought
that putting words to the page would be one of the
most difficult parts of doing business?
Yet here you are.
Spending all your time trying to massage your message, and what you end up with (or what you’ve already hired out) lacks a certain je ne sais quoi. Your web copy, your email marketing, your lead magnets, your blog posts...they all leave you feeling unsatisfied.
And you know that if you’re not content with the content — like how I did that there? — it’s going to fall flat for your audience as well.
Wondering how I was able to peg you so quickly?
Well, it’s not just you that’s struggling. All of my clients come to me with some level of frustration over the fact that their web copy or marketing content isn’t coming out or performing how they hoped.
They say things like:
👎 I don’t understand why this is so hard for me. I’ve written a thesis for goodness sake. This should be easier!
👎 I’m great at what I do, but I have absolutely no clue how to articulate that, and I’m afraid it’s beginning to cost me clients.
👎 I’m too busy to ever devote the time I need to content creation. And my website hasn’t been updated in years.
👎 My competitors’ websites make me so jealous. I just can’t figure out how to talk about my business like they do theirs.
👎 I tried hiring out all of my writing, but I never really felt connected to any of it. The writing never sounded like me.
👎 I’m embarrassed to send people to my website. It’s cobbled together and it doesn’t showcase my business how I want to be seen.
i'm here to tell you that it doesn't have to be this way.
Partnering with a writer (like me!) frees you up to focus on whatever it is that you do best, while still getting copy that speaks to your ideal clients. Now, I get that turning over control and letting another human manage your messaging feels like a really big deal.
Aligning your business with the right copywriter and content strategist is what will set your marketing and message apart from your peers.
If you’re looking for a great writer, you want someone with:
Erin Ollila here.
Erin Ollila believes in the power of words and how a message can inform – and even transform – its intended audience.
Her work can be found all over the internet and in print, and includes interviews, ghostwriting, copywriting, and creative nonfiction. Erin is a geek for SEO, CX, MLB, and apparently abbreviations in general. She graduated from Fairfield University with an MFA in Creative Writing.
- Recognized by ClearVoice as a top content strategist and a top business writer.
- Founding member of the Creative Advisory Panel and Breakthrough Award nominee at Skyword.
- Co-founding editor of Spry Literary Journal, an award winning online journal featuring brief prose and poetry.
- Chapter editor of the book Now What: The Creative Writer's Guide to Success After the MFA
personal fun facts
- Buys one (or more) paper agendas every year, but never actually uses them.
- Mom of three — my people and project management skills have been perfected!
- Winner of the Trueblood Award given to the incoming MFA student who was "most unabashedly themselves" and later unanimously voted as my cohort's graduation speaker.
- Talks about my love for ice cream way too often.
don't just take my word for it
here's what my happy clients say:
learn about the many ways we can work together